Ready to get started with S3? Want more help? Take a look at these video tutorials from Light-O-Rama.
Looking for more help getting started with the new S3 program? Bob, who works at Light-O-Rama posted the following content in the forums.
The contents of the post, as of 10/18/2011 are posted below. You might want to check the post to see if it has been updated.
- Background Effects: Shows basic use of Background Effects mode, including demonstrating that using the "Off" tool with Background Effects doesn't seem to do anything.
- Beat Wizard: A demo of the basic use of the Beat Wizard.
- Channel Button Colors #1: Shows the effects of the various View / Channel Button Colors settings.
- Channel Button Colors #2: A bit more about View / Channel Button Colors, but specifically with its "Cell" setting.
- Channel Group Effects: Shows how effect tools (such as the Fade Up tool) behave when applied to channel groups in different ways.
- Chase: Basic use of the Chase tool.
- Chase Fill: Shows a potentially confusing way in which the Fill tool behaves, both inside and outside of channel groups.
- Copy and Paste: Shows a basic copy and paste between two sequences.
- Copy via Group: A little trick to quickly copy a bunch of contiguous channels from one track to another.
- Delete Group: A trick to quickly delete a bunch of contiguous channels.
- Drag and Drop into Group: Shows how to move channels into a group by dragging and dropping.
- Drag and Drop within Group: Shows how to move channels within a group by dragging and dropping, and also a trick to create a group that contains only certain channels (such as your red channels).
- Force to On or Off via Subsequences: A trick to force a channel, or a bunch of channels, to only have "on" or "off" effects (e.g. no fades or twinkles). Warning! This trick is not guaranteed to work in future releases of the software... it's really more of an unintended side effect rather than a feature.
- Group but Leave in Place: Shows how to take advantage of the Channel Grouping dialog's "Leave copies" option in order to make multiple channel groups listing different channels in different ways.
- Group Parts: Shows how to make multiple channel groups that list the same channels in different ways.
- Mirror: Uses the Chase tool to produce a simple mirror image effect.
- Moving Tracks and Channels: The difference between the terms "track" and "channel", and how to move each of them.
- Multiple Clipboards: How to use more than one clipboard to copy and paste different things.
- Random Fades: A trick to make random fades in your sequence.
- Simulated Dual Shimmer: Using Foreground Effects, Background Effects, and the Custom tool to make a sort of interlaced fading up-and-down shimmering effect.
- Simulated RGB Twinkle #1: Using the Toggle tool to simulate a twinkle on a set of RGB channels.
- Simulated RGB Twinkle #2: Building on "Simulated RGB Twinkle #2" to make a simulated twinkle with color on a set of RGB channels.
- What's New in LOR 3: Warning! This one is over half an hour long. And it doesn't even show everything that's new in LOR 3!